Saturday, August 19, 2006

Lost in the Fog

Lost in the Fog is returning home to Golden Gate and will soon be put down soon because of inoperable cancer. I was lucky enough to witness most of the East Coast stops on his brilliant campaign in early 2005. I happened to be in Florida in late January and caught him in the Sunshine Millions Dash, and was on hand as the cross-country tour continued with romps at Aqueduct and Belmont in the Bay Shore and Riva Ridge, respectively. I think it will be a while before we see another horse who made winning look as effortless as he did during his amazing ten-race coast-to-coast winning streak starting in late 2004. I watched heartbroken as he faltered in the stretch of the Breeders Cup Sprint last year, but not nearly as sad as I am now.
Blood-Horse: Inoperable Tumor Found In Lost In the Fog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this post was some time ago but I just heard that the documentary on Lost in the Fog is premiering Saturday at the Cinevegas Film Festival in Las Vegas. Someone I know saw some early parts of its and says the movie turned our very well.