Thursday, August 10, 2006

Free Arlington Million Contest


Many thanks to fellow TBA members for the heads up on Arlington Park's Arlington Million Turf Challenge this weekend.
Blinkers Off: Arlington Millions Contest...it's free.....
The Race is Not Always to the Swift

It's free and prizes include a VIP trip to the 2007 Million, cash, and other stuff. You pick a stable of horses, trainers, and jockeys and get points based on how well they do in the Arlington Million, Beverly D, and Secretariat Stakes on Saturday. Details are at the Arlington site. My team will be proudly anchored by Barclay Tagg's Showing Up in the Secretariat (I rationalize my not-so-bold pick of a 7/5 shot by reminding myself that he was my favorite in the Derby at 26-1. So I'm allowed to stay on this colt as the odds drop).

Friday Evening Update: Here are the winning picks to the contest.

1) Beverly D : CHIC DANCER
2) Beverly D : FILM MAKER
3) Million : BETTER TALK NOW
4) Million : CACIQUE (IRE)
5) Million : ENGLISH CHANNEL
6) Million : THE TIN MAN
7) Secretariat : GO BETWEEN
8) Secretariat : SHOWING UP

Jockey
1) Ramon Dominguez

Trainers:
1) Graham Motion
2) Todd Pletcher

No comments: