Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hits Keep Coming for Paul Lo Duca

It took Met catcher (and thoroughbred owner) Paul Lo Duca's year-old tryst with a 19-year old teller at a Philadelphia OTB to finally knock the London terror plot off the front page of the New York Post today. The Post doesn't bother to mention to name the place but it must be Philadelphia Park's South Philadelphia Turf Club, right next to Citizen's Bank Park and the Old Vet. Lo Duca impressed his 'teen lover' by betting $300 on each race when his team was in town.
Oddly enough, I visited the same Turf Club two weeks ago after a Phillies-Marlins game two weeks ago. It was a day game during the brutal late July heat wave. My lovely wife and I needed to kill a few hours before catching a show Philadelphia that night. The Turf Club magically appeared like a desert oasis as we pulled out of the ballpark's lot. It was 100 degrees outside, and air conditioned inside, so wifey agreed.
We arrived just in time to catch the last three races of the Monday, July 31, Saratoga card. I took my Racing Form in hand and figured I would put on a handicapping clinic for my beloved. I settled on a win bet on Anthony Reinstadler's Erdison in the seventh, who promptly delivered with a 4-1 shot, putting $40 in the kitty toward dinner. Wifey also landed on the same horse with her $2 win bet. I went cold for the last two races, while wifey nailed them with $2 win bets on 10-1 and 8-1 shots respectively. I was humbled and awed. Her system: "Bet the 5," which took the last three races on July 31. A $2 Pick Three bet on the same races would have netted $1,410, but who needs the bother of a W-2G form on a daytrip to Philly.

New York Post: LO DUCA TRIES SOME PHILLY CHEESECAKE

No comments: